Welcome, My name is Kruti and my vision is to educate as many people as I can on the importance of Mental Health by offering face to face counselling, workshops and training across Dorset.
Hi, my name is Kruti and I’m a fully qualified professional counsellor with over ten years of experience in dealing with mental health conditions. I have worked with a diverse range of people in different organisations which are listed below to see.
Currently I provide long and short term counselling sessions at my office on Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole and work using an integrative model drawing on skills from CBT, Solution Focused Therapy, Gestalt and Person Centred.
I specialise in working with people who suffer from long term illnesses and family members who are dealing with the loss of a relative or are caring for a relative that has a long standing illness.
- Barnados – working with terminally ill children and supporting families that have gone through or were going through the loss of their loved one.
- Place2be – working with children in a school setting on a 1:1 basis through play therapy.
- NHS – Carrying out counselling in schools with children referred by the school.
- NHS – Working within the IAPT team seeing individuals referred via the GP or their self.
- NHS – working within adult mental health and dementia wards supporting individuals and their families.
- Wessex cancer trust – Counselling individuals and family members suffering from or who have been affected by the illnes
- Cole and Miller – Assisting individuals with family mediation and the break down of their relationships.
- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG Dip in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Hons Sociology
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy
- Certificate in Supporting Families when a child dies
- Special Needs Awareness Course
- Certificate of Attendance in Place2be Training
- I am also a Registered Member of the BACP