Hi, My name is Kruti St Helen and my aim is to provide you with a safe, therapeutic and non judgemental environment where you can grow, develop and find your inner peace as a person either individually or as a couple.
A Little Bit About Me
I was born and raised in the East End of London which is where I completed all of my studies and I moved down to the South in 2009. I love being by the sea and love going out for walks and being outdoors, which is something I enjoy with my family every weekend. I also enjoy reading various genres, fact and fiction and find that it relaxes me.
I am a stronger believer in personal growth and self development and believe that everyone deserves to be happy. I am passionate about counselling and love supporting people through their journeys.
I’m a fully qualified professional Counsellor and Psychotherapist with over ten years of experience in dealing with mental health conditions. I have worked with a diverse range of people in different organisations which are listed below to see.
Currently I provide long and short term counselling sessions at my office in Parkstone, Poole and work using an integrative model drawing on skills from CBT, Solution Focused Therapy, Gestalt and Person Centred.
I specialise in working in Grief and Loss. This can include any of the following and more.
- Caused by death, sudden or long term of a loved one.
- Losing a job
- Losing a pet
- The deterioration of your health
- moving house
- An end of a relationship
- Loss of a friendship
- Family issues
- Barnados – working with terminally ill children and supporting families that have gone through or were going through the loss of their loved one.
- Place2be – working with children in a school setting on a 1:1 basis through play therapy
- NHS – Carrying out counselling in schools with children referred by the school.
- NHS – Working within the IAPT team seeing individuals referred via the GP or their self.
- NHS – working within adult mental health and dementia wards supporting individuals and their families.
- Wessex cancer trust – Counselling individuals and family members suffering from or who have been affected by the illnes
- Cole and Miller – Assisting individuals with family mediation and the break down of their relationships.
- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG Dip in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Hons Sociology
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy
- Certificate in Supporting Families when a child dies
- Special Needs Awareness Course
- Certificate of Attendance in Place2be Training
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- I am also a Registered Member of the BACP