A little bit about me…
Hi, My name is Kruti St Helen, a counsellor and psychotherapist aiming to provide you with a safe, therapeutic and non-judgemental environment where you can grow, develop and find your inner peace as a person either individually or as a couple.
I was born and raised in the East End of London which is where I completed all of my studies and I moved down to the South in 2009. I love being by the sea and love going out for walks and being outdoors, which is something I enjoy with my family every weekend. I also enjoy reading various genres, fact and fiction and find that it relaxes me.
I am a stronger believer in personal growth and self-development and believe that everyone deserves to be happy. I am passionate about counselling and love supporting people through their journeys.
I’m a fully qualified professional Counsellor and Psychotherapist with over ten years of experience in dealing with mental health conditions. I have worked with a diverse range of people in different organisations which are listed below to see.
Currently, I provide long and short-term counselling sessions at my office in Parkstone, Poole and work using an integrative model drawing on skills from CBT, Solution Focused Therapy, Gestalt and Person Centred.
I specialise in working in Grief and Loss. This can include any of the following and more: caused by death, sudden or long-term of a loved one; losing a pet; losing a job; the deterioration of your health; moving house; an end of a relationship; loss of a friendship; family issues.
- Barnados – working with terminally ill children and supporting families that have gone through or were going through the loss of their loved one.
- Place2Be – working with children in a school setting on a 1:1 basis through play therapy
- NHS – Carrying out counselling in schools with children referred by the school.
- NHS – Working within the IAPT team seeing individuals referred via the GP or their self.
- NHS – working within adult mental health and dementia wards supporting individuals and their families.
- Wessex cancer trust – Counselling individuals and family members suffering from or who have been affected by the illness
- Cole and Miller – Assisting individuals with family mediation and the break down of their relationships.
- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG Dip in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BA Hons Sociology
- Certificate in Gestalt Therapy
- Certificate in Supporting Families when a child dies
- Special Needs Awareness Course
- Certificate of Attendance in Place2Be Training
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- I am also a Registered Member of the BACP